By Cara Dudgeon

16th October 2019

Ant and Dec have announced a new “car fanatics” show for BBC Two.

Image Source/ Hello Magazine

The Geordie duo – Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly – are the creative brains behind Street Car Showdown, which will see teams compete by turning old cars into racing motors.

However, due to their contracts with rival channel ITV, the pair won’t be appearing on the programme, which is inspired by their youth.

In a statement, the pair said:

‘We have been fascinated with this world since we were teenagers in the North East and experienced car modders meeting up on Roker seafront in Sunderland to show off their creations.

‘We came up with the format to shine a light onto the untapped world of car fanatics and highlight their passion, talent and creativity.

‘We are great admirers of the team at Studio Lambert and are thrilled to be partnering with them on this project’.

Studio Lambert’s chief executive, Stephen Lambert, commented:

‘We were delighted when Mitre asked us to work with them on developing Ant & Dec’s fun, adrenalin-filled idea and producing it with them’ .

Meanwhile, Ant, who has been sober for seven months now, is “back to full health” and has been “on his game” after his stint in rehab following a drink driving ban last year.

Stephen Mulhern, who hosts the segment ‘In For a Penny’ on Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway, recently revealed he’s already started filming with the pair for the return of the show early next year and he said his pal is “all good”.

He said:

‘Ant is back to full health. He has been back on his game for a long, long time. He is all good.

‘We’ve been out and about and it’s amazing what people will do to win a grand.

‘It’s nice to get out of the studio and meet the public.

‘Having just finished ‘In For a Penny’ we’re now doing ‘Saturday Night Takeaway’.

‘It’s wonderful that ‘Saturday Night Takeaway’ will be back in January’.

Dec had to present the final two episodes of the ITV show without his comedy partner last year, and Holly Willoughby replaced Ant as co-host of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!.

The pair previously vowed to bring ‘Saturday Night Takeaway’ back “bigger and better than ever” in 2020.

A statement said:

‘Neither Ant & Dec nor ITV wanted to compromise the quality of the show and therefore felt it was better to rest the series next year.

‘They will instead bring the show back in 2020, bigger and better than ever’.

Next Post
[contact-form-7 id="114190"]