AJ Pritchard’s brother Curtis Pritchard looks set to be among the contestants on the new series of ‘Love Island’, which ITV have confirmed will begin on Monday June 3rd.
The 23-year-old professional dancer – who, along with his sibling, was attacked in a nightclub over new year – looks set to head to the Majorcan villa next month, with the programme confirmed for a June 3rd start.
A TV source told The Sun newspaper:
“His body is ideal for being in swimwear all day, plus he’s a lovely bloke with a great sense of humour so is sure to be a hit with the ladies.
“They are also hoping that he will bring some sexy salsa moves to the villa.”
The programme will return to our screens on Monday June 3rd after a short clip confirmed the news on Monday (20.05.19).
The 10-second video, shared on ITV2’s official Twitter account, featured the hashtag “DayDotIsComing”, a nod to the phrase Islanders tend to use to describe their first day in the villa, and the start date was displayed.
Show host Caroline Flack then floated into vision on a Barbie pink inflatable.
Confirmation of the show’s start date comes after a number of people called for the programme to be axed following the deaths of former contestants Sophie Gradon, 32, and Mike Thalassitis, 26, and after ITV pulled ‘The Jeremy Kyle Show’ last week after 14 years on air, following the death of participant Steve Dymond.
Reality TV star Nicola McLean said:
“I do think JK is being victimised. Why is it only his show being pulled off the air?
“He’s done a lot of good and I think he’s been wrongly victimised. I think it’s a very bizarre … ‘Love Island’ is coming on very soon, the show that’s making the most money for ITV brand and I think this is a mask so we don’t have to ban ‘Love Island’. ‘Let’s get Jeremy Kyle so we don’t have to get that.’ “
Former ‘Love Island’ contestant Malin Andersson recently called for the show to take a break.
She asked her Twitter followers:
“Do you think Love Island should air this summer? (sic)”
Malin then wrote:
“I reckon the bad outweighs the good (sic)”
However, a number of stars have also defended the show.
Rosie Williams – who appeared on last year’s series – said:
“I think that people are going to continue watching reality TV regardless of incidents linked to the shows in general.
“I don’t think they should cancel ‘Love Island’. There’s a lot more going on than just the reality TV show. I just think the aftercare and the analysis beforehand needs to be properly thought out and properly considered.
“Because it’s down to the person themselves and whether they can cope with certain aspects of each show.”